Fees & Donations
Since 1999, an Airport Fee (or landing fee) is charged to partially cover the costs of building and removing our airport. The fee is $20 per person and is well below the actual cost to run the airport. Please contribute more if you can afford to do so. This option is also available for donations from non-pilots.
All participants who enter the event through airport for the first time must pay a $20 per person fee. This is fee is the same whether you arrive by chartered aircraft or fly yourself out in your own aircraft.
Your contributions go to pay for items such as:
- Runway Preparation and Markings
- Shade for the Terminal Building and the Phoenix Bar & Lounge
- Windsock frames and poles (we get free windsocks from Nevada DoT)
- UNICOM services and other radios
- Fuel for volunteers to attend meetings and vehicles used on site
- Pancake Breakfast (Thursday morning during the event, be there)
- Luggage Carts
- Decorations for the Terminal and Bar
- Ice water for volunteers on shifts
and much, much more